The India Association of North Texas (IANT) is a 501(c) (3) Non-profit, non-political, non-sectarian organization,established in 1962 and incorporated in 1976. Its primary purpose is to serve the cultural and educational needs of the North Texas Indian community. IANT is an approved Federation of Indian Associations (FIA) umbrella organization in the DFW Area by the National Federation of Indian Associations. More than 100 Indian organizations are its Affiliate Members. IANT is governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors. Twelve of the directors are elected annually by the general body. The remaining three are nominated by the consul of delegates of associate member organization.
- To provide a common platform to all Asian Indian organizations and members living in the North Texas area for pursuing their common goals and sharing their concerns.
- To promote, coordinate and support joint efforts in the social, cultural, educational and charitable activities of the
- To provide civic and political education to the people of Asian Indian origin, encourage greater participation by them in public affairs and to enhance their contribution to the society at large.
- To foster friendship and understanding between people of Asian Indian origin and other Americans.
- To act as a spokesperson for the Asian Indian community and to function as an umbrella organization for all regional,social and service groups in the North Texas region.
- To conduct and celebrate events which are important to the Asian Indian Community such as India’s Independence Day, Republic Day etc.